Monday-Friday (8 a.m – 5:30 p.m) according to the Company Policy.
Vista Trans Holding is looking for a Local Dispatcher who will be directly responsible for assisting with the daily planning and dispatching of local equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maximize manpower and equipment usage, providing optimal customer satisfaction.
- Good communication – written and oral
- Good critical thinking to problem solve & create efficiencies
- Ability to work independently & in a team, multi-task and handle a fast paced environment
- Good customer relations
- Experience in trucking industry dispatching and/or driver management preferred
- Good understanding of FMCSR’s (Hours of Service)
- Must be punctual to work and be able to handle stress and meet all deadlines in a timely manner with accuracy
- Must be able to use a computer with the thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office or Google Spreadsheets, email and the Internet usage
- Book partial and full load if needed; make sure all freight meet desired criteria by dimension, size, weight etc
- Review the loads, rates, Drivers’ miles for efficiency and direct, train & coach Drivers for the growth and the profitability of the company
- Assists with the daily planning and scheduling of the local fleet to optimize equipment and manpower usage
- Monitor Drivers’ available hours of service and adjust dispatch instructions accordingly
- Monitor the route and status of trucks to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Data entry - maintain dispatch records, load activity and other information
- Proficient use of our TMW operating system, responsible for uploading documents into system to maintain up-to-date accounts receivables.
- Works closely with Warehouse Manager to coordinate daily workflows to maximize the facility's productivity
- Be able to help load and unload freight, reload the equipment, reorganize or restock pallets if needed. Knowledge of how to operate with forklift.
- Acts as point of contact for Interstate Drivers to establish labor necessary to load or unload shipments.
- Updates order status information in the computer system regarding the local fleet to insure accurate and up-to-date information
- Be a team player aiding field operations and other departments as needed
Local dispatcher is responsible for coordinating and managing the pickup and delivery of ground-transported cargo, negotiating the best rates with vendors, the most cost-effective delivery options with customers, and the most efficient routes with drivers, all while answering phones when drivers need assistance. They also fulfill an administrative role by filing the appropriate paperwork, monitoring driver progress, processing orders, and managing driver concerns.